Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day

From where I sit I want to wish my American family, friends and followers a very happy 4th of July.



I am Canadian. I always will be proudly Canadian. However, I will celebrate the 4th today. Let's face it, everybody loves a party...and those thrown in the USA can hardly be matched. It's also an opportunity to remember how blessed we are. We share an undefended border. Our battles are fought in stadiums between teams, not in the streets between gangs. Disagreements are settled in board rooms with handshakes, not in war zones with guns. Canada and the United States share a bond, unlike anything else in the world. We celebrate victories together. We mourn tragedies like the Boston bombings or the lost firefighters in Arizona. We welcome people from around the world to share our freedoms. It's knowing when push comes to shove we stand together. It's the bond of friendship, of rivalry, that can only be shared between friends as close as we are.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment