Saturday, April 26, 2014

NBA Playoffs too spread out

From where I sit it looks like the NBA needs to work on it's scheduling...

via sports.nationalpost.com

The Toronto Raptors and Brooklyn Nets are putting on a great show. At least I think they are. I will freely admit I'm not a basketball fan. I'm peripheral at best, but I do enjoy the playoffs. I want to tune in. Really I do, but I have no idea when they're playing. The Raps and Nets have played three games in a week. In fact the entire NBA playoffs has been a mess. The first round started a week ago and four teams still haven't played game 3. I know there are always conflicts in scheduling. Today's arenas are booked almost every night and it can be difficult to get all the games running on a good time frame. However, the NHL has been at it for 10 days and every series is on game 5. Yes, the NBA is playing to it's audience by working the schedule so as many top teams get good weekend slots as possible, but two games in a week? That's pathetic. It's trying too hard to create artificial excitement by drawing the series out instead of creating real excitement by allowing the teams to keep playing. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Toronto-Brooklyn series, I'm assuming it's going to end some time in May.


At least that's how I see it and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment