Monday, April 14, 2014

Some great first round match-ups in the NHL

From where I sit it looks like the NHL is set for an engaging first round of the playoffs...

via cbc.ca

It's not going to be easy to make predictions for any round of the playoffs, not with the level of parity that the NHL has today. There are basically two ways to predict sports; one involves heavy research and studying, the other is shooting darts at a board. Both are equally successful. So here's my combination of the two. Colorado beats Minnesota in 5, Varlamov will make the difference for the Avs. Chicago over St Louis in 6, the Blues are simply too injured to defeat the defending champs. I'll take Anaheim to get past Dallas in 5 at most, the Ducks are just too good. The toughest pick in the West is the Sharks-Kings series. My head says LA, my heart wants San Jose, so I'll follow my heart. Sharks in 7. In the East. Detroit keeps their playoff streak alive, but not for long Boston in 5. Montreal didn't get home ice, but Carey Price is better than Tampa's backup, Habs in 6. Marc-Andre Fleury will decide the future of the Penguins. If Columbus get better goaltending from Sergi Babrovski the Blue Jackets have a chance. In a bit of a surprise, I'll go with Columbus in 7. And in a return to the old Patrick Division the Rangers and Flyers will spend seven games beating each other up. Lundqvist and St Louis come up big, I'll take New York. I also reserve the right to blame the darts for a lack of getting anything right.

At least that's how I see it and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment