Monday, December 23, 2013

Babcock snaps on HBO cameras

From where I sit it looks like the Red Wings aren't too impressed with HBO...

via hockeyworldblog.com

For all the 24/7 series is mildly interesting, honestly, I don't care what the players are doing between games. The locker room stuff provides some insight, even when the cameras get thrown out of the room. I know these guys are human. I know they go out and have a couple drinks. Or stay home and play video games. And even if they don't, I don't care. At the same time, it was fun watching the film crew get tossed. It's about winning, not about getting the perfect shot for TV. Obviously, Mike Babcock wasn't given creative control over the series. But, he has control over his team. And that's what makes the Wings a great team season after season. Whether the cameras are in the room or not.


At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment