Sunday, December 29, 2013

Silva is done in the octagon

From where I sit it looks like the career of Anderson Silva is over...

Please note...the content of the video is not for everyone...


It's never how a sports fan wants to see a champion exit the sport, however, injury is always a risk, in any sport. Yes, I firmly believe that professional athletes are over-paid. Yet, given the risks they take I can't blame them for wanting to make as much as they can. Further to that, we have progressed from Roman times when the loser could end up dead. Never-the-less, it's still sad to see a legend end his career with an injury. I doubt that Silva will ever be able to get back in the ring to fight again. He's 38 now, even with a quick recovery he will be well past 39 before he's anywhere near fighting condition. In fact, at this point the bigger concern shouldn't be if Silva will walk to the ring again...but whether he will be able to walk normally at all.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment