Sunday, December 8, 2013

Baylor wins big...but called for taunting

From where I sit it looks like the NCAA has sent a clear message about taunting...

via collegefootball.ap.org

It was glossed over at the time because the penalty had no impact on the outcome. However, Ahmad Dixon got called for taunting and cost his team a touchdown. Sure, Baylor scored on the next play, but it's the first time I've seen it called. Some quick digging showed at least one other occasion where the call has been made (LSU-Florida, Oct 2011). Neither of those changed the result, but someday it will. And to be honest I'm fine with that. Celebrating is one thing, celebrating while the play is still on, is another. The NFL is taking a look at the same rule. I think the CFL should too. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some creativity after a touchdown...but do that with your teammates, not in someone's face. And not while the play is still on. As Leon Lett about that.


At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment