Thursday, December 19, 2013

The FCC wants to remove local blackouts

From where I sit it looks like blacked-out games could be a thing of the past...

via mettachronicles.com

Sadly, the NFL plans to fight the FCC ruling, or place a different one of their own. I don't really understand why the league would want to black out any games. Let's face it, the Blackhawks refused to televise any home games for years and it almost killed the franchise. With ticket prices at an all time high, I can't understand why any team would try to take their name out of the media. Just because I can't afford to take my daughter to a game, means I can't even watch my team play? It's stupid. It's pushing fans away from your product, not encouraging them to come. It's a cliche, but out of sight, out of mind is quite true. If your fans can't stay home and watch for free, what makes you think they will spend money for a poor product?

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment