Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Canada to meet USA in gold medal game

From where I sit it looks like the promised match-up is coming in women's hockey...

via businessweek.com

Let's face it, this is exactly what we all wanted to see for the gold medal in Sochi. These two teams simply hate each other. I know that's a cliche, but I can't think of a better description. It's the result of being the two best teams, with little to no other viable competition. The only real complaint that I can think of is, I wish this was a best-of-5, or better yet a best-of-7. One other thing, can we please have competent officiating? These are the two best women's teams in the world. There's no reason we can't have the best referees. And, yes if that means a Canadian or American so be it. I would even be fine with a male ref, but please I don't want to be left shaking my head at some phantom call or worse yet a steady stream of inconsistent calls. It's the gold medal game, I want gold medal officiating.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment