Monday, February 3, 2014

Seattle hammers Denver in the Super Bowl

From where I sit it looks like the Super Bowl was fun, at least to Seattle fans...

via bleacherreport.com

And they were pretty much the only ones enjoying it. As a Seahawks fan, I sure did. I bet that Peyton Manning will get the lions share of the blame for this debacle. And he certainly deserves some, but everyone in orange deserves some. He didn't get enough protection from his offensive line. On the pick six, Knowshon Moreno was the intended receiver, Moreno made little to no effort to go after the ball. The Broncos defence couldn't figure out how to stop Seattle's passing. And the Denver special teams didn't show up. There is the other side of the coin to the blow out...Seattle is a really good football team. They dominated every aspect of the game. It was a stark reminder that defence wins championships. One thing that really struck me late in the game was both teams making a concerted effort to run the clock out. Denver ended with all 3 timeouts remaining. Seattle was running on basically every play, even putting in back ups to make sure everyone got some playing time. Yes, it was a lop sided game, but as a Seahawks fan, I'm just fine with that.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment