Monday, February 17, 2014

NBA jerseys will have ads; deal with it

From where I sit it looks like the NBA is set to make lots more money...


via msn.foxsports.com

To be honest I don't really have a problem with ads on jerseys. It's going to be a necessary evil if leagues want to keep their tickets affordable. The NHL is quickly heading out of the average fan's price range and the NBA isn't far behind. It's going to be a revenue stream that helps keep prices lower. I'm not naive enough to believe that prices wont go up, but even if it saves a bit of money, go for it. It's been like this in Europe for years. Every club side has a sponsor on their chest. It will take a while for North American fans to get used to. But given the number of ads on the side of a race car, it won't take long. All that being said, it does need to be done right. I want to still be able to see my teams logo on their jersey, not Wal-Mart. I don't want to tune into a game and have the uniforms look like a billboard exploded. In other words...not this:

via barstoolsports.com

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment