Saturday, February 1, 2014

Welker walks out on interview

From where I sit it looks like Wes Welker needs to grow up...

 

I can sympathize with the players in all this, at least a little. I can't imagine what it's like to have this long a wait to play, with that many cameras recording every move. The litany of inane questions. Reporters who seem to have no idea what's actually happening in the game. I'm sure it's frustrating. But guess what, it's part of the game. I'm not a big fan of Michael Landsberg either, but that doesn't mean you can act that unprofessional. Chael Sonnen did the same thing and looked like an idiot too. But that doesn't preclude that fact that you are representing yourself, your team and your league. Act like it. It shouldn't matter if you're getting fed up with the interviewer, you suck it up and answer the questions. For all Richard Sherman has been pilloried for his post game interview, Welker should be given the same for storming off. At least Sherman gave the interview. Welker rolled his eyes and stormed off like a sulky 6-year-old. He might be a great receiver, but should be reminded how to catch fans.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment