Saturday, March 15, 2014

Formula 1 is go, go, go

From where I sit it looks like we are in for a unique season in Formula1...

via reddit.com

At the very least in the nose cone category. Quite honestly, this looks like a return to the 70s in terms of vehicle design. The number of very, unique looks permeated the sport as teams looked for a full understanding of aerodynamics. At least for the start of the season there are some...ummm...unique looks. I would agree with the quick assessment that those nosecones bear a striking resemblance to certain parts of the male anatomy, however, I will go with the more decorous description from Williams by calling it 'the anteater'. Others seem to have drawn inspiration from the household vacuum cleaner. In any case this is creating some genuine fun. Whose nose will be the most effective? The first race of the season always promises much, with all teams stand on equal footing in the standings. This season features so much in the way of change, that making any predictions for November are probably useless. So, here it goes...I'll take Nico Rosberg for the title, and Ferrari for the constructors. I reserve the right to change my picks or simply edit this post so that I look like I'm right.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment