Thursday, March 13, 2014

Nash is playing for a paycheque

From where I sit it looks like Steve Nash is reminding us about the bottom line...

via cp24.com

Another bit of reality from a professional athlete. Of course, I don't like the amount of money he's making, athletes are ridiculously overpaid. That being said, if the roles were reversed I would be doing the same. In fact, I find his honesty refreshing. All too often we hear the top players whining about their pay, or worse, demanding more. Good for Nash for trying to make as much as he can. Soon enough his career will be over and he'll be needing to focus on other pursuits. Quite frankly, I find it sad when formerly great, wealthy (mostly) men end up almost begging because they didn't learn to save/acquire life skills. As for the Lakers, it's their own fault for trying to buy a championship. The signed a shopping list of ageing stars and it simply didn't work. It was a vain attempt to bring showtime ball back to LA. And, in a way, it has returned. This time though, it's the Clippers, and I don't have any trouble enjoying their show.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment