Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lucic should keep his mouth shut or talk quietly

From where I sit it looks like Milan Lucic will get a talking to from the NHL...


 
It's a great tradition in hockey. Spend up to 7 games trying to kill each other, then line up and congratulate your opponent. Win or lose. It's beautiful to see and the source of a great many classic photos. However, Lucic decided to run his mouth. He's welcome to do that, but he clearly didn't think that reporters would ask what he was saying or that anyone with a decent TV would be able to read his lips. I get that he was pissed off. It was a tough series. The Habs were mocking him. He was probably upset that Montreal was taking offence over gestures that mean something special to him showing support for Boston. None of that precludes the fact that it was needless and stupid. Lucic has painted a target on his own back in a effort to call out the Canadiens. Look, I'm not saying he was out of line for what he said, my problem is that he made such a production of saying it. You can curse people out as you shake each hand for all I care, but if you hold up the line to make juvenile threats you can expect people to react.

At least that's how I see it, and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment