Thursday, October 24, 2013

Another suspension is coming after brutal hit in the NHL

From where I sit it looks like another case of head-hunting in hockey...



And, yet again it involved a player who has only one purpose in the game. To be a goon. John Scott's best year for scoring was with the NAHL's Chicago Freeze (US Junior), he had 12 points. That was the 2001-02 season. Scott hasn't cracked double digits since. At any level. He's never played a full season in pro hockey. This is the type of player the game does not need. We could be talking about Ryan Miller dropping to 1-6 or Milan Lucic's 3 point night, instead the focus is on with some troglodyte on skates. Don't get me wrong. I like fighting. I think it has a place in hockey. I agree the game needs policemen...but they need to be able to actually play the game. Picture a cop who can do nothing but shoot his gun. Can't solve crimes. Can't chase criminals. Can't engage the public. Just shoot. That's not a policeman. That's a moron with a weapon. John Scott can't play hockey. He's not a policeman. He's a moron with a weapon.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment