Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Honesty from Hervey about the Esks

From where I sit it looks like a piece of honesty from a General Manager...

via thestar.com

Far too often we are subjected to a positive spin from some suit with our favourite franchise during their 'rebuilding' plan. That's nothing but corporate bullshit. Rebuilding? The team went to crap. Showing signs of improvement? Great, if you're talking about an injury. I fully understand teams go through down times. I'm not someone who expects my team to suddenly go from dead last to a championship contender. Ed Hervey gave us all a perfectly honest and frank assessment of his team. No excuses. It was really refreshing. Please, don't get me wrong, I'm not an Eskimos fan...not even a supporter. I will honestly cheer for every other team in the league before the Evil Empire. But, it's easier to hate a good team...even a decent team. The Eskimos suck. This entire season has been pathetic. Hervey has finally said as much publicly. Now let's see if he can follow through and actually make this a team worth despising.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment