Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Super Bowl Media Day is useless

From where I sit it looks like the Super Bowl is almost here, mercifully...


Thankfully, that means an end to this ridiculous build up to the big game. I fully understand why the NFL does it, anything to sell tickets and generate interest. But that doesn't preclude the fact that it's boring. Even the famous media day doesn't accomplish much. What was learned during the Tuesday afternoon Q-and-A session? I don't mean that Manning doesn't want to retire, or that Richard Sherman is quick on his feet. But what was really learned about the up coming game? Not much. The bigger issue was the same as it's been for far too long...namely how the hell do some of these people get accredited? It's idiotic. It's a mindless feature that's become a big deal. It shouldn't be. I'm more interested in the actual game, than a bunch of inane questions. The teams aren't going to reveal anything useful. In fact, the best quip as of late was Manning a couple weeks ago explaining what 'Omaha' means. Can we please just get to Sunday and play the game?

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment