Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Good seats remain with 16 days to Sochi 2014

From where I sit it looks like there's still tickets available for the Olympics...

via en.ria.eu
  
And it's not just the new/unique events. We're talking hockey tickets. Men's figure skating finals. Speed skating, short and long track. The men's gold medal curling game still has some good seats too. In fact, you can find tickets to pretty much every event. I know Vancouver wasn't 100% sold out, but good luck finding tickets to anything good. Scalpers were making a mint, even on the medal ceremonies. At the same time I can't really blame people for not wanting to go. When you see articles warning of possible suicide terrorists, or the US stepping up military presence in the area, it's hardly incentive. I understand that's standard practice now. And it's better to be safe than sorry. But let's face it, there wasn't much to worry about in Vancouver. Or Turin. To be honest, I would feel safer in Pyeongchang, and it's not that far from North Korea. This was an opportunity for Russia to show the level of safety they have achieved. Even if there isn't an attack, the level of concern globally means they have failed.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment