Friday, November 8, 2013

T-Shirt style jerseys for the NBA's Christmas games

From where I sit it looks like the NBA is planning an outdoor game for Christmas...


via bleacherreport.com

At least judging by those unique jerseys it looks like an outdoor game. I would say those looks like warm-up shirts, but honestly warm-up shirts look cool. I can't tell if they are going for a hockey-hybrid look or just trying something different. I'm sure Nike has spent millions of dollars coming up with a design. Creating something special for Christmas. Something aiming to generate a good chunk more revenue from the 'must have' jersey of the holidays. The big problem is, it looks cheap. Just a logo on a plain shirt. Kind of like a t-shirt you would buy for $10 at Walmart. It's licensed, but has little else to it. For an extra $5 you can get one with a name and number on the back, but the name is spelled wrong.  On the plus side, there's no way the games can be as bad as the jerseys.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment