Friday, November 22, 2013

Time to expand CFL awards

From where I sit it looks like the CFL should do a better job with their year-end awards...

via blogs.calgaryherald.com

Don't get me wrong. I think all the right players won. Jon Cornish is a deserving winner of both the Outstanding Canadian and Outstanding Player. My issue is with the process itself. I can't understand why there's only 2 real nominees for each award. Yes, each team submits their picks, but only one player from each division is selected for actual nomination. I'm from Vancouver, so I'm a Lions fan. There wasn't anyone from the Lions up for any of the awards. Nor was anyone from the Eskimos, not that they deserved any, but nonetheless that's automatically taking interest away from the Edmonton market. There weren't any Alouettes there either. Why not have each team get their nomination recognized? It's not like there's 32 teams in the league. There's 8, soon to be 9. Chances are Ottawa won't make the playoffs or have anyone nominated next season. Let's expand the nominations and recognize players from every team.

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment