Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The NHL faces a suit over concussions

From where I sit it looks like the NHL is the latest league to face a lawsuit over concussions...

via faceoff.com

I have a few questions here. For starters...who the hell are most of these guys? Three of them played 20 games or less in the NHL. On the other hand, what difference does it make if the men are household names? It shouldn't just be the big stars getting medical help for a lifetime of being hammered. However, how is the NHL responsible for the long-term concussion effects for players who saw little action in the league? This lawsuit should be also directed at the AHL, ECHL and others where the injuries are more likely to have happened. How many of the concussions can be proven to have happened in the NHL? Yes, Rick Viave and Gary Leeman obviously got concussions in the NHL, but what about Darren Banks or Brad Aitken? The suit also alleges the NHL covered up the long-term problems associated with concussions. I can't speak for the players, but honestly, I would take a safe guess that any injury involving the brain could have long-term implications...and I don't need a doctor to tell me that...

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment