Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Leafs don't shoot and Happy Thanksgiving

From where I sit it looks like the Maple Leafs have discovered a novel way to lose a game...don't shoot...

via torontosun.com

It doesn't happen very often; a team ends up with no shots over the course of 25 minutes. I'm not going to pretend I can play, but honestly, no shots? Nothing drifted in from the blue line? No weak wrister form the wing? Not even a clearing attempt that hit the net? Nothing. Toronto even had a power play in the 3rd and still couldn't find the net. Questions have been raised about the Leafs long-term ability to keep winning games when they are out shot on a consistent basis. This is another sign the team won't last without changes. As Wayne Gretzky so eloquently put it, “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.”

It's Thanksgiving south of the border...

via forbes.com

Yes, I'm a proud Canadian. To tell the truth, the US Thanksgiving is a great day of sports...well, 2 days actually. There's football all day today, followed by basketball and hockey tomorrow. Plus the Macy's Parade, Black Friday deals, and a 4 day weekend...I think I may need dual citizenship...

At least that's how I see it...and I sit in the cheap seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment